Friday, May 1, 2009

The Clothes Make this Disneyholic!



A Disneyholic can find all sorts of great things to spend money on within the scope of their addiction. The Disney Corporation has merchandising down to a science. Annoyingly enough, a lot of their merchandise is also very compelling.

There is a gift shop at the end of almost every ride in the parks, in addition to free-standing gift shops throughout the parks. And there's Downtown Disney, a shopoholic's paradise, especially a Disneyholic shopoholic.

My biggest weakness is actually the wearable merchandise. I have an obscene number of T-shirts and sweatshirts from the parks, resort hotels, and the Disney Cruise Line. I have the advantage of being short enough I can wear Youth size T-shirts, so I can have my pick also from Disney's "kids only" tops. I've taken advantage of that often.

Is there such a thing as too many Disney clothes? You're asking the wrong person. I weep when my oldest Tees have to be "terminated" because 20 years of washes have rendered them unwearable. I've considered funeral ceremonies but haven't sunk that low yet...I suppose some people actually collect the Tees to display, not to wear. To me, being able to wear them is like having a mini Disney fix every day...

I can't wait to see what new tops I'll find in August!

1 comment:

  1. Dee -- What beautiful, vintage-seeming T-shirts of Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. I can understand wanting to perform last rites when they get too frequently washed + worn to wear. Walt would love your enthusiasm for his world.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
When not planning my next Walt Disney World vacation, I write about medicine and science for various publications. I'm a bookworm and have recently fallen in love with knitting. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 12 year old son who loves Disney as much as I do.