There was an error in this gadget

Friday, June 12, 2009

The "Not Set in Stone" Itinerary, Part II

Back after too long...Spent time trying to get over a writer's block of the worst kind at work...Here's the rest of the itinerary:

8/20 EPCOT is open late again. The only definite part of the agenda is lunch at San Angel Inn at the Mexico Pavilion in EPCOT, 1PM. Otherwise the day is wide open and will presumably include EPCOT (shocking, I know!) and swimming or relaxing by the pool. I really enjoy the evening Extra Magic Hours at EPCOT, mostly because it's my favorite park and it's fun to enjoy it with less crowds and more time :)

8/21 1PM lunch at the 50s Prime Time Diner at Disney Hollywood Studios. I LOVE the 50s Prime Time Diner. Where else would you get sent to a corner for putting your elbows on the table??? It's a great place and actually has TV sets playing 50s sitcom clips all the time. It's hilarious! Obviously this is a Disney Hollywood Studios day. I'm looking forward at minimum to Lights, Motors, Action!, Star Tours, and The Great Movie Ride.

8/22 Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort (BANANA STUFFED FRENCH TOAST!!!) at 8:30AM. If I can't get the others up I'm going alone. I have to have that French toast and the Kona coffee, which is to die for! Since we'll be at the Poly, which is right across the water from the Magic Kingdom, I'm guessing this will be a Magic Kingdom morning. The Spectromagic Parade -- an amazing light show -- is on that night at 9PM so I plan on getting back there for the parade and Wishes, a superb fireworks show at 10PM.

8/23 Chefs de France 1 PM at EPCOT's France Pavilion. T-Rex at Downtown Disney at 6:15 PM. So we'll be spending the day at EPCOT, evening at Downtown Disney (SHOPPING! and probably DisneyQuest) and possibly at the resort pool, again :)

8/24 Water Park(s) or just a do-what-we want down time day. Gotta have those!

8/25 Evening at Disney Hollywood Studio to watch Fantasmic at 8:30. We'll have dinner there at Hollywood & Vine 6 PM. It's a yummy, fun buffet meal.

8/26 Another Do-what-we-want day. Or water park(s).

8/27 Magic Kingdom opens early to resort guests. Maybe we'll make it at 8AM. At any rate, we have Afternoon Tea (one of my favorite Disney dining experiences) at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at 3:20 PM. So this will be a Magic Kingdom day, at least in part (the Grand Floridian, which looks like copy of the Hotel Del Coronado, is right next to the Magic Kingdom).

8/28 Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba at 6 PM. One of Cirque's permanently-stationed shows, you can only catch it at Downtown Disney. It's a GREAT show! Not much else planned. Possibly spending part of the day packing my Purple Lockers. Sigh. This is our last fool day at Disney World.

8/29 Pool in the morning after checkout. Bell Services will store our luggage until we leave, probably around 2 PM, taking the Mickey Bus back to the airport. I'm already planning the next Disney Vacation as I write this.

1 comment:

  1. That Purple Locker makes my job drop in astonishment at how clever people are to have thought of the idea! I am learning so much from your blog - keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
When not planning my next Walt Disney World vacation, I write about medicine and science for various publications. I'm a bookworm and have recently fallen in love with knitting. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 12 year old son who loves Disney as much as I do.