There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hats and mouseears off in memory of Austin Wuennenberg

Austin was the 21 year-old driver of Monorail Purple. He died in the monorail crash this morning. He is the only Disney World monorail fatality in 38 years of operation, in which the monorails carried over 1 billion people to date. That's an astounding safety record, though unfortunately it probably won't comfort his loved ones. Please keep Austin and his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Austin's picture and a short tribute are in the following link.
Hats and mouseears off in memory of CM Austin Wuennenberg

Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
When not planning my next Walt Disney World vacation, I write about medicine and science for various publications. I'm a bookworm and have recently fallen in love with knitting. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 12 year old son who loves Disney as much as I do.