There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 3: Fun and Diplomacy

My intent for today was to take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hours for the Animal Kingdom. That’s when I discovered that Jane and Tyler operate in a different time zone than us, when it comes to mornings. Compromise became the name of the game for this trip :)

We got to the Animal Kingdom somewhat after 9AM, and headed to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. Though my camera is perfectly capable of taking videos, I keep trying to take still pictures on a VERY bumpy ride with a camera that was NOT made to take action photos. It’[s not so much that I like pain and suffering as much as it is that I like the photographic challenge.

The Safari ride, especially if done in the morning when the weather is cooler, is really impressive in the wealth of wildlife you can see. Despite the limitations of my camera, I did get some not bad and good pics during the ride, and had fun trying.


We had breakfast at the Pizzafari, and got into a heated discussion regarding education (Jane has been a teacher for decades). Yes, the boys had strong, intelligent opinions as well. I’m really proud of them! Eventually we decided that since we can’t solve the Bellevue School District’s problems in one day, we may as well head over to…



I don’t do roller coasters, but Keith and Tyler sure do, and they love Everest. They rode it twice in a row, after which I put my foot down and demanded we go see Flights of Wonder. I absolutely adore this show, and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone visiting the Animal Kingdom.



We left Flights of Wonder and headed over to Kali Rapids. The day was VERY hot so I saw no reason to wear protective clothing (rain ponchos). I made sure and kept my feet up and tucked under the seat, because I despise walking in wet socks and snickers…We had a BLAST (we got drenched).

The Animal Kingdom is Disney’s hottest park, and Jane was getting overheated (she didn’t ride Kali). We headed back to the hotel and I unpacked. Keith took this opportunity to appropriate my camera and head out on the porch, where he took some really great pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
When not planning my next Walt Disney World vacation, I write about medicine and science for various publications. I'm a bookworm and have recently fallen in love with knitting. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 12 year old son who loves Disney as much as I do.