Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 4: The All-Important Downtime!

Keith and I wanted very much to get back to the Kidani Village pool when it was open, while Jane and Tyler (decidedly NOT water people) wanted to sleep in. So in the morning, Keith and I headed out to Kidani’s pool.



We headed to EPCOT for lunch, then rode Spaceship Earth. We played Power City, a cool game in the Siemens Pavilion as you exit Spaceship Earth. You have to supply electrical power to a growing city by pushing around energy sources with clubs that look like hockey sticks. The city and the energy pills are all projected on the floor and the hockey sticks have electronic tips. Very cool game.

Since it was hot (shockingly enough, in Florida) we escaped into Mouse Gears, EPCOT’s biggest merchandise store. I shopped for gifts (one of my favorite Disney World activities) and we headed to Mission:Space. Always a fun ride to do! (We do Green Team only -- I am not a fan of throwing up).

We took the boat from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios to meet Jane and Tyler for dinner at Hollywood and Vine, a buffet dinner. Afterward, we headed to the Tower of Terror, which Tyler rode (he’s the only one of us who likes it), and we did the Great Movie Ride. This is a great ride, going through some of the best classics in movie history, and getting kidnapped on the way...I see a blog entry coming!

Tyler also rode Rockin’ Roller Coaster, which he likes (0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds), though he confesses to dislike the music (Aerosmith).

We went back to the hotel afterward. A mellow, fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I miss reading this blog! Will you write some more, someday? Please??

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
When not planning my next Walt Disney World vacation, I write about medicine and science for various publications. I'm a bookworm and have recently fallen in love with knitting. I am owned by 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a 12 year old son who loves Disney as much as I do.